Thursday, June 14, 2012

Updating a Dated Desk

I purchased this desk used about 8 years ago and it's super functional.



I had been using my dining room as an office, but recent purchased a dining room table so the desk was moved to the former craft room that will now double as an office. The desk has always looked ok, I don't love the style, it's a cherry wood laminate and I feel like cherry fights with quite a bit. And when we moved the desk into the gray craft room HOLY COW does it clash.

After doing a bit of research on painting laminate furniture, I decided to give it a try. For how to's visit these sites:

DIY Kinda Girl
The Thrify House
Centsational Girl

I will say I did 2 coats of primer and 2 coats of paint and the Zinser Cover Stain Primer is AMAZING! I didn't have to sand at all. And here it is now.



I'm so excited about how it turned out. How awesome do the pulls look - those are the same ones they just pop against the white! Next up I'm going to stencil the wall behind the desk. I'm anticipating that to be a 10-15 hour project. Wish me well.

No comments:

Post a Comment