Thursday, June 14, 2012

Top 10 Tuesday - Top Ten Books Written in the Past 10 Years That I Hope People Are Still Reading in 30 Years

Each Tuesday The Broke and The Bookish provide a book related Top 10 theme.

This week's topic is about books written recently that I hope people are still reading in 30 years.

1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - There are so many social undertones to this book that are relevant and I can't see those not being relevant in the future.

2. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling - I'm sure these will still be read, but I hope they are able to pull as many kids into reading since kids growing up today will have access to the movies instead.

3. The Help - Kathryn Stockett

4. Exile by Richard North Patterson - I'm fairly certain this won't be widely read in 30 years as it's not all that highly read right now, but it's a fascinating book about terrorism and the historical conflicts that block peace in the middle east.

5. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell - As awesome as I think this book is, the reason it made my list is that Rainbow is awesome and I want her to be read and heard for a long time. (My copy of Eleanor and Park shipped today!)

6. The Passage by Justin Cronin - I put this on here because if people are still reading it in 30 years it will mean the sequels live up to the first book.

7. Under the Banner of Heaven by Jon Kraukhauer - Jon Kraukhauer is an amazing non-fiction author. This is a look at a religion that's history is based entirely in the US.

8. Bad Girls by Laura Ruby - Or something similar. I think this is a great book for teen girls to read so they can be aware of the effect of gossip and try not to judge each other based on sex. They also need to be aware of the dangers of cell cameras and that digital pictures never go away.

9 & 10. The Kite Runner / 1000 Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini

No comments:

Post a Comment