Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Top 10 Tuesday - Top Ten Books I'd like to see made into movies

Each Tuesday The Broke and The Bookish provide a book related Top 10 theme. It is so rare that a movie based on a book lives up to my expectations that I'm hesitant to even do this top 10. I've included my ideas for casting in a few of them.
1. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Anna - I really saw a young Anna Paquin when reading this (so much so that I wondered if the main character was named after her), but I think she's a bit too old to play Anna so my next thought would be Hailee Steinfeld.

St. Clair - I see Zac Efron. I know he's a little too tall and well known, but that's who I see.

2. The Brass Verdict by Michael Connolly

I loved "The Lincoln Lawyer". It was one of the few movies that lived up to the book to me. Matthew McConaughey was Mickey Haller. Unfortunately I don't think "The Lincoln Lawyer" did well enough in theatres for the sequel to get made.

3. All American Girl by Meg Cabot

4. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
       
Lincoln - John Krasinski (This one was tough because no one fits the exact description of Lincoln, but I think John could do a really good job playing Lincoln) Beth - Minka Kelly - she's probably a little too pretty but I find her sooo appealing in everything (WHY did she have to leave Parenthood for Charlie's Angels?) Jennifer - Tina Majorino

5. The Passage by Justin Cronin

6. Divergent by Veronica Roth

Tris - Saoirse Ronan would be so great, but has probably been in too many big titles to do this now Four - Chris Pine is too old, DAMN. And no one else is quite right for me.

7.One False Move by Harlan Coben (Myron Molitar Series)

8. The Scarecrow by Michael Connolly

9. No Safe Place by Richard North Patterson

10. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

Lola - Lucy Hale Cricket - No one is as perfect as Cricket. Plus tall actors are rare (as are short ones - I swear 90% of them are between 5'9 and 6'0"). Best I could come up with is Alexander Ludwig. He doesn't fit the exact look of Cricket but he's tall and has the right combo of cute but goofy looking IMO.

No comments:

Post a Comment