Thursday, June 14, 2012

Top 10 Tuesday - Top Ten Beach reads

Each Tuesday The Broke and The Bookish provide a book related Top 10 theme. This week's topic is Top 10 books I'd recommend to read at the beach. I'll read just about anything anywhere, but these seemed most beach appropriate to me - even if some do provoke tears. With one exception I picked all books that I've read this year (the exception I read last year).
 

The first four book are light easy reads - perfect for the beach.
Lola and the Boy Next Door – Stephanie Perkins
Welcome to Temptation – Jennifer Crusie
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight - Jennifer E. Smith
Attachments - Rainbow Rowell

 

These four are still easy to read, but slighly heavier. If it bothers you to possibly cry a little at the beach these aren't for you. It doesn't bother me.
The Fault in Our Stars – John Green
The Garden of Happy Endings – Barbara O’Neal
The Language of Flowers - Vanessa Diffenbaugh
On the Island- Tracey Garvis-Graves

 

And these two I haven't read yet. They are being released this summer so hopefully I'll get to read them by the pool (there's a scarcity of beaches in Nebraska)
Where We Belong – Emily Giffin
Defiance– C.J. Redwine

No comments:

Post a Comment