Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Top 10 Tuesday - Top Ten, no - Three Tips for new bloggers

Each Tuesday The Broke and The Bookish provide a book related Top 10 theme.

Todays Top 10 is tips for new bloggers and since I've only been doing this for a couple months I've only got three (I will definitely be checking out a few other lists today!)

1. Work Ahead - At the beginning I would try to sit down and write a full blog post/book review and publish immediately. I had typos gallore! Now I generally write reviews or blog posts in the morning, review in the evening and set to publish 8 hours after I finish so if I think of something I forgot I can fix it.

2. Make Friends - The blog world is full of cool, interesting people. If you want others to read your blog go check out other blogs.

3. Practice writing reviews - I love to discuss books. I joined a book club a couple years ago and thought the conversion to writing my thoughts would be simple. I have really struggled to write cohesive reviews. I have three reviews started and saved on my computer that I don't know if I'll ever post because they're are just all over the place. Now if I'm planning to review something I keep a notepad by me so I can jot my thoughts down as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment