Monday, June 18, 2012

Top 10 Tuesday - Top 10 books on my Summer TBR list



Each Tuesday The Broke and The Bookish provide a book related Top 10 theme.

I just checked my Spring TBR list and I didn’t do to bad – I read 7 out of 10. One of
those still made this list. The others have gotten pushed back for the time being.

Library Wait Listed

Cinder by Marissa Meyer - I've been on the waiting list for this one for awhile and should get it really soon!


Outlander by Diana Gabaldon - This one is waiting for me at the library right now!

Purchased on Kindle (awhile ago)


Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta - The only holdover from my Spring TBR list.  I bought it on Kindle and quite a few of my purchased books have gotten pushed back for library books.

I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella - Another victim of the purchased curse.  Definitely have to read this over the summer.  Kinsella books are great for Summer.

Have currently from the Library (so must be finished soon)



Supernaturally by Kiersten White - I really enjoyed Paranormalcy so I'm looking forward to continuing in Evie's world.

April Fool's Day by Bryce Courtenay - My favorite book is "The Power of One" but Courtenay's other books aren't in print in the US.  I was pretty excited to discover this one at the library!

I am Forbidden by Anouk Markovits - Just picked this one up and it seems like a great change of pace from what I typically read.

Anxiously awaiting Summer release


Defiance by C.J. Redwine - This will be released in August.  Love the cover and the plot sounds great!

What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang - I've been waiting for this one since I first saw the cover this spring.  The cover is gorgeous and fits the plot description perfectly.

Where We Belong by Emily Giffin - I was let down by her last book, but I'm still looking forward to this one.

17 comments:

  1. I think all of these are on my complete list of TBR books. You have great taste! ;0) Defiance almost made mine. Cinder did make it and I can't wait!

    Thanks for stopping by my page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought Saving Francesca last week, and it, too, has to wait to be read until I whittle my library pile down. Cinder was a really good read.

    Our Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cinder is a FANTASTIC book, so surprisingly original since it's a retelling of a classic fairy tale...definitely one of my favourites of 2012. I hope you get to read it soon, it's worth the wait. And I can't wait for Defiance and What's Left of Me, too!

    Happy reading :)
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh so many books on this list that I want to read also - like Outlander - also loved Cinder! Hope you get to all these books and enjoy them all :-)

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Outlander and Defiance are INCREDIBLE. I hope you love them. I'm also excited to read Cinder, although I don't have a copy yet. And I have a digital copy of What's Left of Me, and I'm really excited about that one too!

    Thanks for stopping by my Summer TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally jealous that you've already read "defiance". Although I've got plenty on my list anyway. I just checked and Outlander is waiting for me at the library! Thanks!

      Delete
  6. Eeeppp!!! You gotta read Cinder. I'm SO looking forward to Supernaturally, Defiance and What's Left of Me. Awesome list !:D

    My Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for Outlander!! It is one of my favorite books. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will probably be my first read because it's a library book with others waiting for it (I always try to make those a priority).

      Delete
  8. I did not even know about the Kinsella book...another one to be on the master TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've decided that all top ten Tuesday does is add to my massive TBR pile!

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Defiance! I completely forgot to add that to my list. That one is up there for me. I've been hearing buzz about this book for so long that I am so eager to read it. Great list. Thanks for stopping by my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I soooo want to read Cinder and I've Got Your Number! So definitely on my list! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Picked up Cinder from the library today! Happy reading to you too!

      Delete