Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Top 10 Tuesday - Top 10 Top Ten Books On My Spring To-Be-Read list

Each Tuesday The Broke and The Bookish provide a book related Top 10 theme.



I love Spring - not just because the weather is nice and it's light outside at night - but because a lot of my favorite authors release books in the Spring. The first five books on this list are highly anticipated arrivals and the second five are books I've had on my list for at least a month that I'm finally going to find time to read!
  1. Stolen Prey – John Sandford (5/15/2012) - LOVE Sandford - he's a must buy in hardback
  2. Insurgent – Veronica Roth (5/1/2012) - I enjoyed reading Divergent more than the Hunger Games, but do think that The Hunger Games is a better overall book. I'm hoping the second books improves on the first book.
  3. Stay Close – Harlan Coben (Today!) - It's not a Myron book, but still one of my fav authors
  4. More Like Her – Liza Palmer (4/17/2012) - Yay! I haven't read a new one by Palmer in awhile and I just LOVE her main characters.
  5. The Garden of Happy Endings – Barbara O’Neal (4/17/12) - Her books always incorporate dogs and recipes into the story. Someday I need to try the recipes (already have a dog).
  6. Just Listen – Sarah Dessen - I have this on Kindle and just haven't read it yet. It's weird, I really enjoyed the first Sarah Dessen book I read a couple years ago, but never picked up another one. I think I was afraid they would all be really similiar it would diminish how I felt about "The Truth about Forever", but all of her books seem to come well recommended on the blogs so "Just Listen" is next.
  7. Pure – Julianna Baggott - I've read several reviews of this and all of them are positive. I bought it a month ago, but haven't been in the mood for Dystopia.
  8. Lonesome Dove – Larry McMurtry - I have always wanted to read this and I'm trying to stretch my reading habits a little.
  9. Blink - Malcolm Gladwell - I love looking at things from different perspectives so I've always wanted to read one of Gladwell's books.
  10. Saving Francesca - Melina Marchetta - I just recently read a few reviews of Marchetta's novels and this one sounded really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment