Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Top 10 Tuesday - Top Ten Books that were totally misleading

Each Tuesday The Broke and The Bookish provide a book related Top 10 theme.

My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult
The first book you read by Jodi Picoult. After the first one they are predictable, but the first goes somewhere you don’t expect it too. I know a lot of people love her books, but I just find them manipulative.
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
I don't know exactly what I was expecting from this book, but I LOVED the ending and it surprised me.
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
I was expecting typical by enjoyable YA. Instead I got an author who was trying WAY to hard. When you thesaurus every word the sentence loses meaning.
The Road by Cormac McCarthy
I was expecting a post apocalytic thriller. It was post apocalytic but definitely not a thriller.
The Secret of Everything by Barbara O’Neal
Expecting a typical light read. It was light but almost had a ghost story element.
The Nanny Diaries by McLaughlin and Kraus
I was expecting something light and it broke my heart.
Baby Proof by Emily Giffin
I was surprise how much I could relate to the main character as her marriage falls apart because she does want kids (and was up front about it) but he changed his mind.
If You Lived Here You’d be Home by Now by Claire Lazebnik
Again from the cover it looks like a very light read, but deals with some heavier issues. I re-read this one a lot.
Pure by Julianna Baggott
I was expecting an engrossing Dystopian YA novel and just could never get fully into it. I read the whole thing but it was definitely forced.
Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
I wasn’t a Delirium superfan, but I enjoyed it quite a bit. I loved Oliver’s writing and that she didn’t go too cliché, no love triangle and not a complete cliffhanger. Pandemonium was ALL cliché, IMO. But the writing was still excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment