Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Top 10 Tuesday - Top Ten Books Covers

 


Each Tuesday The Broke and The Bookish provide a book related Top 10 theme.



My personal spin on this topic - Top 10 books I picked up because of the book cover and enjoyed. These lead me to a few of my favorite authors.

Seeing Me Naked by Liza Palmer is one of my favorite "chick lit" books. This is one of the many books on this list that I picked up at Target on a whim. I just liked the cover. And the title. Now I really wish Liza Palmer wrote faster.








The Secret of Everything by Barbara O'Neal. The cover was a little intriguing and there's a dog! Enough said. The book its self was the right mix of intrigue and food and family. I followed this up with 2 more books by Barbara O'Neal and now note on my calendar when her new books are coming.




The Boy Next Door by Meg Cabot. I picked this book up at the Student Bookstore on campus at least 5 times before I bought it because the email formatting always threw me off. I finally ended up buying it and really enjoyed it.





The Smart One and the Pretty One by Claire Lazebnik. I bought this book based on the cover and the title. My mom grew up with two sisters and she always felt like they each were unofficially labeled. The oldest was the smart one, the middle sister was the talented one, and the youngest was the pretty one.




Comeback by Claire and Mia Fontaine. Talk about a tear jerker. I cried most of the second half of this book - but in good way.







Wildflower Hill by Kimberley Freeman. I bought this a Target based on the cover and then it sat on my TBR pile for a while. I finally read it at the end of last year and it was really good.






Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden. It's hard to believe, but I hadn't heard of this before I saw it on the shelf. I think the color contrast is really striking.






The Last Summer (of You & Me) by Ann Brashares. I think what drew me to this one was the beach on the cover and the word summer in the title. I'm always a little jealous of the people who had summer houses on the beach. And the many books in this setting make me think my envy is justified.




American on Purpose by Craig Ferguson. Come on Craig Ferguson in an American flag kilt! I'm in. It wasn't as funny as I was expecting but Craig is more insightful then I expected. I bought the audio book and Craig's accent is a wonderful bonus!





Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. Yes really. I was living a cave and had never heard of Twilight (and this was about two months before Breaking Dawn came out). I saw it on an endcap at Borders and thought the cover was interesting and then read the back summary and though - "I haven't read anything vampire related since high school, why not" - not knowing that a year later I'd be so vampired out I could scream.

No comments:

Post a Comment