Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Top 10 Tuesday - Top Ten all time favorite book characters

Each Tuesday The Broke and The Bookish provide a book related Top 10 theme.
AHHHHH......How do I choose? Seriously out of hundreds (at least) books and thousands of characters there are so many that I love. I'm going to cheat just a little.

Top 10 Top Ten all time favorite book characters

Peekay from “The Power of One”
Ahh Peekay, he starts the book getting picked on my older, much bigger boys and turns into someone who fights for himself and underdogs. He has just about every characteristic I love in fiction.
Scarlett O’Hara from “Gone with the Wind”
Scarlett is awesome! Seriously the things she does to survive during the war and after seem selfish and bitchy, but if the character was male he'd be assertive and independant.
Myron Bolitar from “One False Move” (and about 10 other books)
I've said before Myron is my biggest fictional crush. Pretty much my ideal man, plus he solves mysteries.
Katniss Everdeen from “The Hunger Games”
Doesn't need much explaination... Katniss is independent, sufficient, caring, and kickass.
Lisbeth Salander from “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo”
Very similar to Katniss except add wicked smart and possibly drop caring. I love that Lisbeth is emotionally damaged but finds ways to compensate for it thru intellect. I LOVE smart. Seriously it might be my favorite characteristic. I will forgive a lot for smart.
Lincoln from Attachments
Again from my list of fictional crushes. Lincoln is smart, but also almost impossibly sweet and has some slightly nerdy hobbies that just make him more lovable.
Ramona Quimby from “Ramona and her Father” (and several others)
I've loved Ramona from the moment she took one bite from all the apples because "the first bite always tastes the best". Ramona could make anything fun through imagination - a great attribute to encourage in children.
Skeeter from “The Help”
I didn't love Skeeter all the way thru the book. I like her a lot at the beginning, but what was impressive was how the character grew into herself over the course of the book.
Hermoine from “Harry Potter”
Again, I love smart. I also enjoyed her growth over the course of the series
Fudge from “Superfudge”
Ramona's male counterpart. Seriously if Judy Blume and Beverly Cleary wanted to colaborate on a book where those two meet I think it would be epic. Just think how much trouble they could get into together.

And here is my cheat Bonus Favorite secondary characters
  1. Grandma Mazur from the Stephanie Plum series
  2. Windsor Horne Lockwood III (Win) from the Myron Bolitar Series
  3. Hoppie/Doc/Morey from “The Power of One”
  4. Miranda Priestly from “The Devil wears Prada”
  5. Fred and George from “Harry Potter”

No comments:

Post a Comment