Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Top 10 Tuesday - Top Ten Books I’d play hooky with

Each Tuesday The Broke and The Bookish provide a book related Top 10 theme.


In all honesty I'd love to play hooky with most books - including re-reads, but then I'd have no income to support my book habit. The first four are books I remember actually playing hooky with:

1 - 3. Three to Get Ready, Four To Score, and High Five by Janet Evanovich.
I was in my second year of college and over the weekend I’d gone home and my parents had the first two Stephanie Plum books. I read them both over the weekend. Back at school I knew there were three more out that I hadn’t read, so on my way to class one day I stopped at the bookstore and picked them up….and then went back to my dorm room instead of class and read all three. I didn’t go to class at all that day.

4. Did You Hear About Amber? by Cherie Bennett
I didn’t physically skip school for this one - just mentally. I got caught reading it during Algebra in eighth grade. My teachers caught me reading with some regularity in middle school, but this was the only one who told my parents (it still ticks me off because I had a very comfortable A in that class). My parents grounded me from my books for a month.

And six books I'd currently love to play hooky with

5. Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry
I really want to read this one, but it’s a big book and I want to have time to read it without stressing.
6. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
This doesn’t get released until 2013 in theUS, but I splurged a little and order it from Amazon UK. It will get here at the end of April, and I would definitely love to sneak out and read this one.
7. The Twelve by Justin Cronin
Okay so this isn’t out yet, but I cannot wait for it so if it comes out on a Tuesday, I might feel a bit of a flu coming on.
8. Looking for Alaska by John Green
I just read “The Fault in Our Stars” and loved it and am just waiting for the right relaxing time to sit down with this one (work has been crazy lately and I’ve been sticking to rereads).
9. Stay Close by Harlan Coben
One of my favorite authors and it should arrive at my house any day now!
10. Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris
Road trip book. I’m not a fan of audio books in general, but David Sedaris is even funnier when you listen to him read his own stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment