Monday, May 18, 2015

Inbox/Outbox: May 11th–May 17th

Read Last week - Navy

simon vs_thumb[1]Lies I toldBrown Girl Dreaming

Simon Vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli

Simon is awesome!  I should get a review written and posted in the next couple weeks.

Lies I Told by Michelle Zink

Mixed bag. Biggest warning is that it’s not a standalone book.  I was ready for the story to be over only to find out there’s another book.

Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson

Beautiful, but I probably didn’t appreciate it as much as I should.  I’m so used to reading fast that I struggle when I should slow down.  New to My Shelves - Navy

A large percentage of my library holds came in this week. Luckily I have a week of vacation coming up.  Plus I bought two on Kindle which I haven’t done in quite awhile.

MagoniaWolves I'm HoneUnder painted skyWe all looked upThe Murder ComplexChinese Born AmericanStarry NightsInked

 

Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley 

From – Library

Where I heard about It

The synopsis sounds interesting but I’ll totally admit to loving the cover.  So pretty.

Tell the Wolves I’m Home by Carol Rifka Brunt 

From – Library

Where I heard about It  - I don’t remember.  I think I saw it on Twitter at some point.

June’s uncle/godfather/best friend dies mysteriously in 1987 of a disease her mother will barely speak of.  June meets one of her uncle’s friends who helps her understand  more about her uncle, but also changes things she thought she knew about herself.

Under a Painted Sky by Stacey Lee

From – Library

Where I heard About It

A former female slave, a Chinese immigrant, and the Oregon trail.  Sounds like a fascinating friendship and a pre-roads roadtripSmile.  I also read a great review last week that renewed my excitement to read this book.

American Born Chinese by Gene Luen Yang

From – Library

Where I heard About It

I’ve already read one graphic novel this year (for the BookRiot Read Harder Challenge).  I wasn’t a huge fan, but I don’t think one book is a good enough sample size to make a judgment and American Born Chinese shows up on tons of list for best YA graphic novels.

The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings 

From – Library

Where I heard About It

Sounds a little Hunger Games-ish, but possibly more intense. I haven’t read anything in that genre in a while.

Starry Nights by Daisy Whitney 

From – Kindle

Where I heard About It

While I was looking at sale books this one caught my attention.  I like fiction books about art.

Inked by Eric Smith

From – Kindle

Where I heard About It

I’ve been tempted to buy this before and never pulled the trigger.  An ebook sale made the decision for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment