Every Tuesday the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish host a book related Top 10.
This week’s topic is “Top 10 Books I can’t believe I haven’t read”. It’s funny that this topic came up this week because I was over at my aunt’s house last week and she’s let me choose a bunch of books (she’s donating hers). When I picked up “The Lovely Bones” by Alice Sebold she said, “You haven’t read that yet!”. There are so many great books, but there are always a few that we’re never quite in the mood for so they get missed. Here are my top 10 books THAT I OWN that I haven’t read yet. Not exactly a genre, but it’s a good reason to go through books I was excited about at one point or another and maybe pick one of them up.
1. The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
I’ve read the first chapter and loved it, but never picked it up again.
2. Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Stout
3. Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein
Loved “Code Name Verity” and thought I’d read this the second it came out, but just haven’t gotten to it yet.
4. Mudbound by Hilary Jordan
I have a physical copy and the ebook. How have I not read this yet?
5. Life of Pi by Yann Martel
6. Beloved by Toni Morrison
7. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Shaffer and Barrows
8. Siege & Storm by Leigh Bardulo
Yep I have two #8’s. I devoured “Shadow & Siege” in November and immediately ordered the next two books. Then I got sidetracked by “Throne of Glass” and haven’t gotten back to these.
8. Ruin & Rising by Leigh Bardulo
9. Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver
I love Barbara Kingsolver, but I need to be in the right mood to fully appreciate her books and I haven’t been in the mood for this one yet.
10. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest by Stieg Larsson
Which of these should I push to the top of my list?