Wednesday, February 4, 2015

January Recap

I can’t believe January is over already!  After two weeks of crazy warm January weather for Nebraska we ended the month with below zero wind chills and 9 inches of snow.

On the reading/blogging front I had a pretty good month.  Nine books read, eight blog posts, only 2 reviews so I need to do a little better there.

Books read

Keep Calm and Carry a Big Drink by Kim Gruenenfelder

Step Brother Dearest by Penelope Ward

The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M Danforth

Dating Husbands by Lindy Zart

When Books Went to War by Molly Guptill Manning

Poisoned Apples by Christine Heppermann

Wild Child by Molly O’Keefe

The Cuckoo’s Calling by Robert Galbraith (audio)

Flirting with Disaster by Victoria Dahl

Challenge Update

I’m attempting to complete the Read Harder Challenge from Book Riot this year.  The link will take you to a list of the categories and the books I’ve read for each. I completed 6 out of 24 categories in January.  Sounds great except 4 of those were easy ones for me.

Not Bookish

As I mentioned I’ve been traveling a lot for work and I travel with my Roku so I have lots of time catch up on TV.  I’m four episodes into Jane the Virgin and I LOVE it.  OMG it’s hilarious and Gina Rodriguez is just adorable.  The Flash is still way high on my list. And I’m embarrassed to admit that I’ve been gorging on early seasons of ANTM.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, I love the early seasons of ANTM, I was actually rewatching them a few months ago. And nice work on the challenge... I need to start working on some of the harder items. I've got my poetry book checked out, just haven't started it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll admit I picked an easy poetry book - but I liked it:) Although I'm starting to feel like I need to read "Brown Girl Dreaming" anyway.

      Glad to know I'm not alone on the ANTM train. I'm usually not a reality TV train wreck watcher but that is some good tv crack right there.

      Delete