Monday, September 9, 2013

Top 10 Tuesday - Books I'd like to see as a TV show or Movie

Every Tuesday the ladies over at The Broke and theBookish host a book related Top 10 theme. 



This week’s theme is Book that I would like to see as TV shows / movies.  All of these assume that they'd be done well - not a great assumption, but I'm going with it.


1.    Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham – Evidently a TV show is in development and I think that is a perfect format.  The most challenging thing will be finding the right Franny because I think most who have read it see Lauren and she can’t quite pass for mid twenties anymore.

 

2.    Attachments by Rainbow Rowell – I’m not sure it’s possible to do this one well as a movie, but I’d love it if they could.

3.    Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell – I don’t really trust Hollywood with this book, but I’d love to see it on the big screen (Rainbow would have to approve casting for me to get outboard though).

4.    The Lunar Chronicles  (Cinder, Scarlett) by Marissa Meyer – These have a lot of action and would be fun to see translated to the big screen.

5.    Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi – Again a lot of action and a romance with depth and no triangle. 

6.    Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein – Some action, great friendship, and intrigue.

7.    Bossypants by Tina Fey – Tina’s life story would make a great TV show.


 

8.    The Brass Verdict by Michael Connelly (the sequel to the Lincoln Lawyer)

9.    The Fault in Our Stars by John Green – Currently filming.  Please, Please, Please, do it well!

10. Exile by Richard North Patterson – This would be a great mini-series for HBO.  Way too much info for a movie, but not a continuing story like a TV show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment