Sunday, October 21, 2012

A Girl's Best Friend

It's hard to believe I've been blogging for 7-8 months and this is the first time I will introduce....

GIZMO


Gizmo is an almost 3 year old Goldendoodle.  I adopted him from the Humane Society when he was 6 months old.  It still baffles me that anyone could give him up, but I'm glad they did because he's MINE!

Gizmo is your classic couch potato. 


He loves TV (anything with a screen really - he's tried to eat my phone when I was watching a video on it. I don't do that anymore) and Harry Potter is his favorite.


At 60 lbs he's never met a lap he didn't like.



And this freaked him out for about 10 seconds.  Then he got comfy.  Now my brother does this everytime he sees The Giz. 

Gizmo is also an excellent guard dog.


 Makes friends easily and does not discriminate based on size.  These pictures are with his best friend (my Mom's dog) Tigger - a mini goldendoodle. 



And finally, he's a Husker fan just like me!

2 comments:

  1. What a cutie! I wish my dogs were awesome enough to wear Sooners gear. I guess I'll just have to settle with the fact I taught my mom's dog to bark to the fight song. (I think they untrained him of that, though.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately the jersey only fit him for one season. Seriously I can understand why they only make the "cutesy" clothes for little dogs, but they should have jerseys available for the big ones. Love the new idea for training - he was getting bored with "roll over" and "high five". I don't know if we'll get there though - that's impressive!

      Delete