Friday, June 5, 2015

May Recap

Sorry this is a bit late.  I was insane this month and read 15 books and DNF’d another.  I posted 3 reviews – which might be an all time record.  I also attended a book signing with Rainbow Rowell and David Levithan.

Books Read

The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver

First There Was Forever by Juliana Romano

All the Rage by Courtney Summers

Top 10 Clues You’re Clueless by Liz Czukas

Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng

The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay (reread)

Lies I Told by Michelle Zink

Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson

Simon vs the Homo Sapien’s Agenda by Becky Albertalli

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me by Mindy Kaling 

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas

The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo

99 Days by Katie Cotugno

Gathering Prey by John Sandford

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E Smith

Books Reviewed

The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo

99 Days by Katie Cotugno

Lies I Told by Michelle Zink

Challenge Update

I completed one book towards the Read Harder Challenge from Book Riot this month.  The Life changing Magic of Tidying Up counts as either my self help book or a translation.  In total I have 15 complete out of 24.  I gave up on my Sci-fy read so I’m looking for another one if anyone has a recommendation. 

In Other News

Rainbow Rowell recommended Short Term 12 on Twitter ages ago and the recommendation was totally justified.  Amazing movie.

Other than that my TV/Movie choices have been a little suspect this month.

I’ve always found Emily Osment really appealing for some reason so I watched the entire first season of Young & Hungry.  It’s a little cheesy, but still enjoyable and I just find her really charming (the only reason I’ve seen more that one episode of Hannah Montana).

I also watched Left Behind (the new one) on Netflix because I thought it would be mockable.  It was, but not for the reasons I expected it to beSmile

I also got a bid on having a bunch of yard work done (bushes and volunteers removed/trees trimmed) so I need to remember to take before shots of my very ugly yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment