Monday, April 6, 2015

Top Ten Characters I Want to Check Back in With.

Every Tuesday the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish host a book related Top 10.

Top-10-tuesday-main_thumb1

This week is characters/stories I want to peak back in on years later.

Rainbows books

1. I want to read more of all of Rainbow’s characters.  I want to check in with Beth and Lincoln, and Jennifer and Mitch.  Eleanor & Park need a sequel and while the hidden cameo by Cath and Levi in Landline was awesome I still want more.  Reagan could honestly use her own book.  Rainbow just writes characters I care about and want to be friends with.

books 2-4 yellow

2.  A Death-Struck Year by Makiia Lucier

I fell in love with Cleo and Edmund during this story, but at the end they were still pretty young.  I’d love to know how their lives played out.

3.  Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller

The ending of this book fit the story, but it left me craving a story 3-5 years down the line when Callie and Alex might be at the same place in their lives.

4.  My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Wanga

I just finished this book and loved it.  The ending was a little quicker than I would like (but not terribly abrupt) and even if I’d gotten more I’d still want to know Aysel and Roman do in college and as adults.

Books 5-7 navy

5.  If You Lived Here, You’d be Home Now by Claire LaZebnik

Rickie had just gotten her life more on track at the end of the book and I’d love to see how she and Noah and Andrew are doing in the future. 

6.  Seeing Me Naked by Liza Palmer

I loved the progression in Elisabeth that occurred over the course of this book and I’d love to see where her 5 year plan actually ended up.

7.  Unsticky by Sarra Manning

It’s no secret that I love Grace and Vaughn.  I don’t really need much plot here – just more Grace and Vaughn.

books 8-10 pink

8.  Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

I loved the brief appearance by Lola and Cricket in Isla, but I want to see college stories from Lola and Cricket, and adult stories with Lola the fashion designer and Cricket the engineer.

9. Story of a Girl by Sara Zarr

I hope Deanna gets out of that town and goes to college.  I liked where the story was going as the book ended, but I just want to be sure she ended up happy.

10. This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales

I want to see Elise as a college DJ.  Or really just as a college student – she’s one of those characters that I think will really flourish outside of the homogeny of high school.

3 comments:

  1. It would be lovely to know how Lola and Cricket are making it in the world today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you about This Song Will Save Your Life-- I think I would have enjoyed it more if Elise had actually been a college student. And you know I'd love a follow up to Unsticky, all the Rainbow Rowell books, and with Rickie (I really want to know if she ever moved out of her parents' house)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read the majority of the books on your list, so now I've just added to my TBR pile! Thanks for some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete