Sunday, July 29, 2012

In My Mailbox - Inspiration needed

I've hit a book block.  I don't know if I just hit a bad bunch of books (I don't think so) or if I have just not been in the mood for anything lately.  All I've done for the past month is re-read (zero new books).  So to break the cycle, I decided to participated in The Story Siren's In My Mailbox meme.


Does anyone one else have a tendency to get less excited about a book the longer you have it without finishing it?  I know I do.  So here's my list of books I've had for at least 3 months that keep droping down my list.  Which should I read next?

 Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein - I picked this one up at the store the day it came out along with another book I had been waiting for.  Read the other book immediately and just haven't picked this one up yet.  It's sounds awesome so what is wrong with me?

 The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett - I have actually started this one.  I got about 200 pgs into it before I hit my reading slump (so maybe this book is to blame, but I don't think so).  I was really enjoying it, but I think I was actually feeling overwhelmed by the scale of the story.  There is just so much book

 Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta - This book come super highly reviewed on many blogs I read.  I bought it for my Kindle about six months ago and then just never read it.

 Supernaturally by Kiersten White - I've had this library book sitting on my coffee table for about 2 months (I keep renewing - I promise no one is waiting for it).  I really enjoyed Paranormalcy, but haven't been in the mood to go back.

 I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella - Has been on my Kindle since January.  I generally enjoy Kinsella's non-Shopaholic books, but haven't read this yet.








So which of these is going to help me out of my book slump?  I'm leaning towards Code Name Verity, but let me know your thoughts in the comments.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I haven't actually read any of these, though I've heard lots of good things about Saving Francesca. I've also heard that the main character in I've Got Your Number is a bit grating, so I've kind of held off on reading that one myself. I hope you get out of your slump, it is not a fun place to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny. I did read about 10 pgs of "I've got your number" a couple months ago and stopped because I found the character annoying. Grating is the perfect word.

      I'm still leaning towards "Code Name Verity". Maybe I'll start tonight.

      Delete
  2. Great haul! I still have to read Supernaturally as well. I adored Paranormalcy. :)

    ReplyDelete