Monday, January 14, 2013

Just Walk Away


I’m pretty sure I’ve OD’d on dystopia.  I was disappointed by the last two I read in 2012 – “What’s Left of Me” and “Defiance”.   And I gave up on “Crewel” and “Promised” after about 60 pages.  “Promised” was especially disappointing because it’s the final book of the “Birthmarked” Trilogy and I really enjoyed the first two.  I don’t even necessarily think there’s anything wrong with the book…I’m just Dystopia’d out.  I have “Though the Ever Night” waiting at the library right now and I’m wondering if I should release it and wait til I’m in the right mood because I was really looking forward to it and if I start now and don’t finish odds are I’ll never start again.

Books I DNF in the past six months.

Under the Dome by Stephen King

Promised by Caragh M. O’Brien

Crewel by Gennifer Albin

The Casual Vacancy by J. K. Rowling

Glass Houses by Rachel Caine (This one was just BAD – I was tempted to finish because it’s short and would be fun to trash during review)

I’ve Got Your Number by Sophia Kinsella

So do I need to give any of these another shot?  Or can I just walk away?

No comments:

Post a Comment