Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Blogging Year 1 in Review


Total Books Read: 75
Fiction: 69
Non-Fiction: 6
Library Books:  24
Books On My TBR List: 3
Books in a Series:  28  (This depends on how broadly I define "series".  I went pretty broad and counted books like "Stolen Prey" by John Sandford.  The Prey series has all the same characters but the plots are pretty independent - more enjoyable if read in order but unnecessary).
Authors I’d Never Read Before: 55
Male/Female/Both Authors:
 16/58/1
Kindle books: 29
Audio Books: 2
Books I owned or purchased: 20
Young Adult:  33
Mystery/Thriller/Horror: 7
Women's Lit:  29
Non-fiction: 6


Favorite Books of 2012:  "We Need to Talk about Kevin" by Lionel Shriver, "The Fault in Our Stars" by John Green, and "Eleanor & Park" by Rainbow Rowell

Least Favorite Books of 2012:  "Outlander" by Diana Gaboldon and "Angry Housewives Eating Bon-Bons" by Lorna Landvik



My biggest take-away when looking at these stats is that Young Adult fiction was a huge percentage of my reading list and that I have a pretty heavy disparity between Male and Female Authors read.  In 2013 I'm going to set a lower reading total while shooting to review everything I read and getting a better mix of material.

No comments:

Post a Comment