Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Top 10 Tuesday - Top Ten Books to read in a day

Each Tuesday The Broke and The Bookish provide a book related Top 10 theme.


The Hunger Games / Catching Fire / Mockingjay – Suzanne Collins
Okay this is cheating BUT I think I read all three in a day and a half so if I had started The Hunger games early on a day off I think I could read all three in one day so I’m counting it!



Attachments – Rainbow Rowell
Loveable characters and a quick, funny read. How many of my Top 10 lists has this made so far?

If you Lived Here You’d be Home by Now – Claire Lazebnik

Water for Elephants - Sara Gruen
This book is staged beautifully at the beginning so that you know something bad is going to happen, but it’s unclear what and how so you really want to get to the end to find out.



Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire – J.K. Rowling
This one is a little longer than I would normally choose for a 1 day book, but it’s do-able and it’s also my favorite Harry Potter. I love them all, but this one was the perfect mix of light/dark subject matter.

Divergent – Veronica Roth
Definitely not a book I could put down once I started so I had to finish in one day.

Twilight – Stephanie Meyer
Say what you want about Stephanie Meyer’s writing style. I personally think she does a great job of not letting the writing distract from the story. I was totally engrossed while reading this book (I found plenty to be annoyed with when thinking about it later)



Bad Blood – John Sandford
I had to put in one John Sandford because all of his books are 1 day reads for me. This one was especially gripping and my favorite of his newest protagonist, Virgil Flowers (aka That Fuckin Flowers)



Lola and the Boy Next Door – Stephanie Perkins
So cute! I just wanted to keep reading about Lola and Cricket (and Lola’s dads, and even Max). I stayed up late to finish this one.

The Fault in Our Stars – John Green
Loved this book. I read this on a Saturday so I didn’t have to chose between sleep and finishing it because stopping was not an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment