Monday, May 11, 2015

Top Ten Authors I Really Want to Meet

Every Tuesday the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish host a book related Top 10.

Top-10-tuesday-main_thumb1_thumb_thumb

This week is “Top Ten Authors I Really want to Meet”.  I’m DQ-ing all authors I’ve already met even though I’d love to see them again – that’s why Rainbow Rowell, Stephanie Perkins, and Gayle Foreman are not on the list.

J K Rowling

I would love to meet the woman who imagined Harry Potter and the world of Hogwarts into existence.  No brainer.

Nadia Bolz-Weber

Reading her sermon’s and book made me think about my faith again.  Her insights always hit me right in the gut and she would be a really interesting person to talk to.

Victoria Dahl

Dahl writes super sexy, feminist romances.  She’s funny and interesting on Twitter and I would love to meet her!

Barbara Kingsolver

Kingsolver has written a lot of very compelling novels. As I’ve said many times, The Poisonwood Bible is written in alternating POV and every perspective is unique.  She touches on current issues and I love how she makes me think.

Beverly Cleary

The Ramona series was my favorite as a child and Cleary is still writing and she just turned 99!  She has to have amazing life stories that I would love to hear.

Amy Poehler Tina Fey

I love the Amy and Tina have both written books so I can count them on this list. I even loved both books.  How much fun would they be to hang out with?  Seriously!

Stephen King

I love his writing and he’s super well read. I think he’d be really interesting to talk to.

Lauren Graham Text

Again love that she’s written a book that I liked so I could count her on this list. One of my favorite celebrities to watch on late night TV, she just seems like she has personality to spare.  At the same time she seems really down to earth and likeable.

John Sandford

I’ve been reading his books religiously for over a decade.

john green5

Another person who seems to have a ton of personality.  If there’s a topic that I need explanation on I always how he has a YouTube video about it.

4 comments:

  1. Both John Green and Barbara Kingsolver would be fun to meet!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/05/top-ten-tuesday-ten-authors-i-really.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. JK Rowling was on my list too. I'd love to meet Lauren Graham as well, but that's because of Gilmore Girls, I haven't read her book.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/05/12/top-ten-tuesday-4/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My love of Lauren Graham definitely originated with Gilmore Girls. But since she's an author I can count her here too! I felt very sneaky putting Lauren, Tina, and Amy on this list:)

      Delete