Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Inbox/Outbox: May 4th–May 10th

I rarely put up book haul posts because I’ve never been that organized. But I think I’m going to give it a shot for a little while due to a resurgence of my library usage.  The Outbox portion is metaphorical – out of my TBR cause I’ve already read it – I’m probably keeping the bookSmile

Read last week

I was kind of shocked to realize I read 4 books last week.  That’s what happens when I combine my weekly book, an audiobook, a quick self help book, and a MUST read new release.

A court of thorns and rosesIs Everyone hanging out without meLife Changing Magic Tidying99 Days

Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas

Yes, I loved it. Read in one sitting which isn’t rare for me, but it’s not as common as it once was. Since I’m uncomfortable fangirling (seriously not a knock I love bloggers who can pull it off) I probably won’t review this one. 

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me by Mindy Kaling

Mindy is so charming and without a doubt the comedic book writer I identified most with.  I listened to the audio and it’s excellent – I just wished it was longer.

The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo

I heard about this book a couple months ago and then it was like it was everywhere.  I’m constantly struggling to keep my house in order.  I’m probably going to have a series on the blog with before/after pics. 

99 Days by Katie Cotugno

So torn on this one.  It’s actually super ripe for discussion.  I really hope I get a full review written.

New to my shelves

Come as you areAll the rageThe secrets we keepsimon vs

 

Come as You Are by Emily Nagoski

From – Library

Where I heard about It

I swear the older I get the more interested in gender studies I get. This is a little more niche – it’s about women and sex and how culture and context interfere. It also include advice on how to deal with these issues. I’ve actually already started and it’s fascinating. I feel like I’m gaining a new vocabulary to discuss sex.

All the Rage by Courtney Summers

From – Library

Where I heard about It

Sounds like a very good book that will be really hard to read so I’m putting the odds of finishing this one before I have to return it at about 50%. This is the type of book I’m rarely in the mood for, but really feel like I should read – and usually really love once I do.

The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver

From – Library

Where I heard About It

I’ll admit it – I find the dynamics of twins fascinating so they tend to get place high on my TBR list. Ella wakes up after a fatal accident to discover that Maddy, her twin died – but everyone thinks she died and that she IS Maddy. Feeling guilt over her sister’s death Ella decides to pretend to be Maddy.

Simon Vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli

From – Library

Where I heard About It

I feel like I’m seeing this EVERYWHERE now, but originally it was Book Riot recommendation. It sounds like a fun read.

No comments:

Post a Comment