Saturday, May 2, 2015

April Recap

I read 7 books this month but it really felt like a slump month. I started and put down at least 7 more books that I just couldn’t get into.  Again I complete 2 reviews – that is seriously my magic number for a month, I just can’t seem to break the 2 review barrier.

Books Read

Yes Please by Amy Poehler

Nice Girls Don’t Ride by Roni Loren

17 First Kisses by Rachael Allen

I’ll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios

Finding It by Cora Carmack

Girl Defective by Simmone Howell

Chase Me by Tessa Bailey 

Books Reviewed

Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Mariller

My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga

Challenge Update

I made ZERO progress on the Read Harder Challenge from Book Riot this month except to realize that reading The DUFF back in February counted as my book by an author under 25.  That adjusts my total to  In total I have 14 complete out of 24.  I’m 50% complete with my choice for Sci Fy – not my favorite category and my goal is to finish at least one more in May.

In Other News

Totally stuck about 15% into the fifth Harry Potter book.  I remember it being a frustrating book to read and it’s even more frustrating in audio.  Teenage angst can be like nails on chalkboard for me, once you add it that the reason for Harry’s angst is justified makes listening to it so hard. 

I binged on the first season of The Americans on Amazon Prime and I totally recommend it.  So addictive.  

I started running again…and stopped running again.  And started running again…and stopped.  It’s about the only exercise that’s convenient with the travel I’m doing but I so wish I could take a dance class or go back to kickboxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment