Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Top 10 Older Books I don't want to be forgotten

This weeks Top 10 from The Broke and the Bookish is "Books I don't want to be forgotten amid the new releases".  I struggled with it a bit because I tend to think of book over 50 years old as "safe".  If we're still reading it now then it will be good for awhile.


I ended up splitting this into two categories. 

Books/Series I've read that I don't want to be forgotten

1. Little House Series – Laura Ingalls Wilder
2. Ramona SeriesBeverly Cleary
3. We Need to Talk About Kevin – Lionel Shriver
4. The Kite Runner – Khaled Hosseini
5. The Power of One – Bryce Courtenay

Books that have been on my TBR list for awhile that I don't want to forget to read

1. Lonesome Dove – Larry McMurtry
2. 1984 – George Orwell
3. The Glass Castle – Jeannette Walls
4. To Kill a Mockingbird  - Harper Lee
5. Atlas Shrugged – Ayn Rand

3 comments:

  1. This was a smart way to divvy up this list... wish I'd thought of that!

    I liked The Glass Castle when I read it 4 or 5 years ago. I know everyone raves about To Kill a Mockingbird, but I remember nothing from that book. Which means I probably didn't actually do the assigned reading or that I didn't like it! haha, I mean to revisit it someday, just so I know what my real opinion is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! I was thinking the same thing about Jane Eyre. I've convinced myself that I didn't like it, but I don't remember anything about it so it's very possible it was a high school assignment that I didn't do. Need to add it to my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man...I haven't read any of these. Probably need to check some of them out.

    Check out my TTT.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete