Monday, October 15, 2012

The Trouble with Ratings

It's been a while since I've reviewed a book, partly because I've been busy with other projects and partly because I've been feeling like I needed to revamp my rating system a bit.  So in the future instead of one overall rating for books I review they'll get several.

Categories

Enjoyability (out of 5 stars)

Character Development (out of 5 stars)

Writing (out of 5 stars)

This book will stay with me for at least (amount of time - could be hours, days, or decades)

And yes I have a couple book reviews that will post soon (one on Thursday!).

2 comments:

  1. Oh! I like your new system-- this seems like a much better way to rate books and will give your readers a better idea of what you liked about a book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an evolving process so I don't have all the kinks worked out yet, but I'm definitely more excited about reviews. It just never seemed right to rate something like "Attachments" the same as "We Need to Talk About Kevin" because they are such different types of books.

      Delete