Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Decisions are the Worst

After a summer of not being super excited about any reading choices, now I am overwhelmed.  So many  books I want to read THIS INSTANT! 


The Twelve by Justin Cronin - I've been anxiously awaiting the sequel to The Passage for months and it came out today.  BUT I have a feeling I shouldn't start it during the work week.

Promised by Caragh O'Brien - The final book of the Birthmarked Trilogy.  Might be a good choice cause it should be a fairly quick read.

The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling - I bought this the week it came out and I can't believe I haven't read it yet! 

Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell - I've been intrigued by the movie trailer, but I can't see the movie until I read the book.  Added bonus - it's on the list of 1001 books to read before you die.

When She Woke by Hillary Jordan - Retelling of the Scarlet Letter that a friend just recommended and it sounds AMAZING!

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn - Several people who's opinion I trust recommended this one.  Unfortunately there's a VERY long library wait list (I'm currently 324) but it is moving somewhat quickly and I do have a fairly strict book budget.





I finished Incarnate by Jodi Meadows last night and I"m almost done with The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood.  I've been trying to mix up my genre's so I don't do a bunch of Fantasy/Dystopian YA in a row or pile on a bunch of heavy thought provoking books.  As excited as I am to read When She Woke I think it will be too much immediately after the Atwood novel. 

Any thoughts? 

Can anyone name the 80's movie the quote for my post title came from?

2 comments:

  1. Read The Casual Vacancy because I sort of want to know if I should bother to read it. I also want you to read Gone Girl, but I completely understand the budget constraints. I almost never buy books because it is a really easy thing to trim from the budget as they are available for free from the library!

    I've been meaning to read The Handmaid's Tale and When She Woke for the past year and have never gotten to either of them. I am in the middle of a huge stack of library books, so it might take me a while to get to them, too. Never enough time for all the books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol- good call. The Casual Vacancy is what I brought to work with me today.

      The Handmaid's Tale is making me feel claustrophobic. I start to feel slightly panicked when reading about oppression. I also start planning how I would preserve and hide my books if the book burning police started going door to door.

      Delete