Monday, July 13, 2015

Last Ten Books That Came Into My Possession

Every Tuesday the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish host a book related Top 10.

Top-10-tuesday-main_thumb1_thumb_thu[1]

This week is “Last Ten Books that Came into My Possession”. 

Last Five Book Purchases

Since rediscovering the library my books purchases have drastically diminished.  I had to go back 3 months for 5 booksSmile.  Unfortunately they end up at the bottom of my TBR because I always have library books due back.

An Ember in the Ashes

 

An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir

This books sounds amazing and so far it’s in the moderate amount of hype range.  I need to read it before I’m sick of hearing about it without reading it.

 

 

 

P.S. I Still Love You

 

P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han

If you told me when I finished To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before that I wouldn’t read the sequel the SECOND it came out I wouldn’t have believed it.  Still really excited for this one.

 

 

 

All the Light we cannot see

 

All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr

For a serious book I’m really excited about it – I just need a solid weekend that I don’t have a bunch to do.  I need to not have distractions when I read harder books.

 

 

 

Come as you are

 

Come as You Are by Emily Nagoski

This was actually a library book and about 50 pages in after wishing I could write notes on every other page I decided to go ahead and buy it.  If you’re looking for a good non-fiction read and have any interest in women’s sexuality (AKA you are a woman or you might want to have sex with one) this is a really interesting informative read.

 

 

Inked

 

Inked by Eric Smith

The lone ebook in the mix – I picked it up for $1.99 and I’ve heard great things.  But ebooks have taken a backseat to library books and physical purchases.

 

 

 

Last Five Library Books

I’ve talked a lot about my recent rediscovery/love of the library.  These are all very recentSmile

watchmen

 

Watchmen by Alan Moore

A co-worker strongly recommended this and since it’s mentioned favorably in Eleanor & Park I decided to give it a try.  It will only be my second graphic novel but I’ve only heard good things.

 

 

 

Between the notes

 

Between the Notes by Sharon Huss Roat

As mentioned in my last post, I love music and therefor books with music.

 

 

 

 

 

Always Emily

 

Always Emily by Michaela MacColl

Fictionalized story about Emily and Charlotte Bronte growing up.  I literally downloaded the ebook from the library about an hour ago. 

 

 

 

 

Rook

 

Rook by Sharon Cameron

I honestly am not sure what this is about other than taking place during the French Revolution.  The description is very intriguing without giving anything away.

 

 

 

Fellowship of the Ring

 

The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien

Honestly I’ll be surprised if I get this read, but I wanted to try something different for me and this was the winner.

4 comments:

  1. I hear really good things about Jenny Han and since both the books in the series are out now I shall have to hurry up and pick up her books. Happy readings :)

    My TTT http://wp.me/p3ftwe-HX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rook is on my TBR, though I'm not sure when I'll get to it.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/07/14/top-ten-tuesday-13/

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the Light We Cannot See and Rook both sound so excellent. I'm hoping to buy copies of them sono.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Fellowship of the Ring is excellent. All the Lights We Cannot See has been a very hyped book I'm not quite sure what it's about. I've not read the Watchmen but it's been on my TBR for a long time. The movie was horrible for The Watchmen.

    ReplyDelete