Monday, February 3, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - Books that will Make You Cry

Every Tuesday the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish host a book related Top 10 theme. 

 
This week’s Top 10 topic is Book that will make you cry  Books make me cry so frequently that I barely notice anymore.  So this is a surprisingly difficult topic for me.  I tried to mix in a few funny books that will elicit laughter tears.

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells – I vividly remember bawling through this one.

Comeback by Claire and Mia Fontaine

Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris – Laughed so hard I cried.  And so did everyone else in the car
The Last Summer by Ann Brashares
 

The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
The Bean Trees/Pigs in Heaven by Barbara Kingsolver
 

Superfudge by Judy Bloom – Read this to a little kid.  Their laughter will be contagious and you’ll laugh/cry.
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson – I don’t remember for sure, but I don’t think I actually cried.  I had that feeling like I wanted to cry and couldn’t get the tears out.  It’s worse.  But a great book.

No comments:

Post a Comment