Sunday, January 5, 2014

2014 Goals–Reading, Blogging, and a few random

I’m not even going to check my 2013 goals – I know some I didn’t come close on and won’t repeat and others will be up here again.

Reading
1) Read 1-2 books a week from a variety of genres.
Reading 1-2 books/week is actually pretty simple.  The harder part of this goal is to expand from Contemporary YA, New Adult, and Contemporary Adult.
2) Do not grow my list of books owned and unread.
Currently between physical books and ebooks, I own 110 books I have not read (including Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis that I picked up on Amazon this morning for $1.99).  At the end of this year that number can’t be any higher and I’d love to get it into double digits.  *This list doesn’t include Netgalleys
3) Read a few longer/harder books.
This kind of goes with both the goals above, but my list of “owned/unread” books tends to grow because I buy more serious books that I really want to read, but am rarely in the mood for like And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini.  I’ve also got 3 books by Norman Mailer.
Blogging
1) Post 1 review/week. 
This shouldn’t be that hard.  I just need to write reviews before I forget the bookish details.
2) Write down key thoughts about a book before starting a new one.
And maybe a few key quotes.
3) Get my Netgalley list under control and keep it at 1-2 books unread.

Other
1) Drop 10 pounds (I’m female and I can’t help it)
2) Start jogging again
3) Retrain Gizmo – My puppy’s manners have gotten a bit rough lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment