Monday, February 25, 2013

Top 10....4 Authors on my Autobuy list


This week’s Top 10 from The Broke and The Bookish is Top 10 authors on my autobuy list!




1. John Sandford – I love his books and they are so consistent.  He’s written at least thirty and there’s only one that I haven’t re-read.

2.  Rainbow Rowell  I’ve been reading her column in the newspaper here for about a decade so Rainbow was on this list before I had even read her first book!  I’ve read two now and she somehow keeps exceeding my expectations.  Eleanor & Park comes out today in the US! 

3.  Harlan Coben – He isn’t quite as consistent for me, but still autobuy.  The Myron Bolitar series is the perfect mix of thriller and funny.

4.  Claire LaZebnik – I think her books just speak to me.  She’s not afraid to write characters that some readers aren’t going to like, so I always find them believable and cheer for them in spite of their flaws.

I’ve been burned by some of my favorites over the last few years so some have dropped off.  These four are my only “Will buy regardless of topic and other reviews”. 

4 comments:

  1. Yeah... I have very few auto-buy authors any more myself (why I didn't do the TTT this week), but Rainbow Rowell is definitely becoming one. I got my copy of Eleanor & Park in the mail yesterday and got started! Good so far, but a little heartbreaking to see how crappy Eleanor's life is. Can't wait to have some time to really read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah E&P made my heart hurt, can't wait to hear your thoughts when you finish.

      Delete
  2. I learned something new I didn't know Rainbow Rowell wrote for a newspaper. I really want to read Eleanor & Park.

    Teaser and Top Ten Tuesday (1)
    LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rainbow doesn't work at the newspaper anymore :(

      But that might be because the whole author thing is working for her :)

      If you haven't you should definitely check out her blog - www.rainbowrowell.com - there are deleted scenes from Attachments and old columns.

      Delete