Monday, January 28, 2013

Top 10 Most Frustrating Characters

This week’s Top 10 from The Broke and The Bookish is Top 10 Most Frustrating Characters EVER!

1.         Bella (Twilight) – Do I need to explain this one?
2.         Becky Bloomwood (Shopaholic Series) – Ugh QUIT SPENDING MONEY!!!
3.         Dolores Umbridge – Evil in a very frustrating way.
4.         Franklin (We Need to Talk About Kevin) – All kids require discipline and yours is NOT perfect.
5.         St. Clair (Anna and the French Kiss) – I don’t have a good reason for this.  He just got on my nerves.
6.         Harry Potter (Order of the Phoenix) – I love Harry, but whiney teenage Harry in book 5 drove me CRAZY.  I read it shortly after my brother went through that phase so I can tell you it was accurately portrayed.

I love these last four characters and I empathized with them, but they were definitely frustrating.
7.         Rickie (If You Lived Here, You’d Be Home Now) – Rickie vents her anger about everything in her life when dealing with her mother.  It’s not fair and frustrating to read.
8.         Scarlett O’Hara (Gone With the Wind) – Ashley is a tool and nowhere near interesting enough for you.  Seriously.
9.         Victoria Jones (The Language of Flowers)Victoria was a foster kid and has trust issues.  A lot of the problems she has as an adult would have been solved with just a little communication.  JUST TALK TO THE PEOPLE WHO CARE ABOUT YOU!
10.  Lisbeth Salander (Girl With the Dragon Tattoo) – Again a little communication would go a long way.

3 comments:

  1. hahaha, I love your choices for this one. Harry WAS super annoying in Order of the Phoenix, I just wanted to slap some sense into him. And Umbridge is the worst kind of evil, so that gets to be frustrating to watch. And Bella and Lisbeth and St. Clair and Becky Bloomwood... all spot on. I apparently could have written another 10 frustrating book characters if I'd thought back a little farther!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed - every list I've looked at has made me go "how did I forget about Tris, Romeo, Amy March?". Lots of frustration going around. Makes me wonder how I can possibly find reading to be relaxing.

      Delete
  2. The first thing I thought of with this topic was Umbridge! Oh man, she was just infuriating!

    I tried reading The Language of Flowers but gave up after a few chapters...if Victoria made your list, I think I won't pick it back up!

    ReplyDelete