Friday, January 18, 2013

Friday Favorites – TV Shows

Fun new meme hosted by Epic (Chocolate) Fantasy.  It’s a chance to deviate from novel talk and discuss some other favorites. 

This week is favorite TV shows. 

Downton Abbey
Love, Love, Love Downton Abbey.  I love that one episode you’ll hate a certain character and the next you’ll love them and the behavior is still totally consistent with their character.  That’s real life.  I love the relationship between Matthew and Mary, how it evolved and where it is now.  The last few episodes have been a great example of how a married couple isn’t going to agree on everything and you can agree to disagree.  Love!  If you aren’t watching season 1 is on Netflix and seasons 1 and 2 are on Amazon Prime.

Elementary
Putting Sherlock in NYC as a recovering heroin addict (that’s true to the books) and giving him a female sidekick in Joan Watson was the perfect refresher for me to enjoy the characters  again.

The West Wing
I’ve watched these to the point of memorization (I own all 7 seasons).  But now that they are on Netflix I’m watching again.  Seriously the dialogue in anything written by Aaron Sorkin is Art.  The delivery of this dialogue by every member of the cast is phenomenal.

Bunheads
I’m not even calling this a guilty pleasure.  Yes it’s on ABC family, but seriously so much fun.  Of the shows currently on TV this is the one I’m most likely to watch episodes more than once.  Amy Sherman-Paladrino is a genius.

The Closer
I didn’t watch this while it was airing on TNT, but it’s now available on Amazon Prime.  It took me about 2 days to get through season 1!

The Daily Show
I DVR this and watch it in the morning while getting ready for work.  What is better than starting the day laughing?

3 comments:

  1. I've only seen the first season of Downton Abbey, but I like it a lot. The West Wing is pretty great too -- I need to re-watch it on Nexflix myself.

    Thanks for participating! Hope you join in for songs next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took a long time off between seasons 1 and 2 of Downton. It's kind of nice to take the break.

      I'll definitely join in next week - songs will be tough.

      Delete
  2. You know, I haven't seen any of these other than Bunheads...which is awesome of course! :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete