Friday, September 21, 2012

Where's my other earring?

I have to apologize for my blogging absence.  I'm in the middle of a DIY kitchen project that has hijacked much of my free time.  I will eventually post about the oh so fun process of stripping and staining kitchen cabinets, but that's not what this post is about.  I will include a lovely progress pic.

Reminder of the "Before"


And here's somewhere in the middle.  Note the missing valence

Now onto the point of this post.  Whenever I need a pair of earrings I can always find one earring.  I put them in my jewelry box when I'm done wearing them, but the second earring is always missing when I want to wear it.  Evidence this three pack I bought several years ago.  All similar styles, and at this point all singles.

Anyway as I was taking about the valance from the kitchen I noticed that there were 8 buttons sewed into it  to bunch the fabric.  And buttons have two lovely holes.  Hmmm - are you seeing where I'm going with this?



Voila!  Put the pairs of earrings thru the button holes.  They stay together!  Added bonus, I've never had a set place to put the extra buttons that come with clothes.  Some end up in my craft room, others end up in my bedroom closet.  From now on I'll know to keep all my buttons in my jewelry box.



3 comments:

  1. That is a pretty smart idea! I actually have a little drawer in my jewelry box that I put spare buttons into... this makes a lot more sense in terms of saving space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Organization is not my strong suit so I'm pretty proud of this one. Miss you too.

      Delete
  2. P.S. I've missed you! Can't wait to see how your cabinets turn out when they're complete!

    ReplyDelete