Every Tuesday the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish host a book related Top 10.
2015 was an amazing reading year for me. I hit triple digits in books read for the first time every and so many of them were just stellar. I got in a good mix of debuts and established authors. Plus I felt like I stayed fairly up to date on what was new. Unfortunately, I want to read ALL. THE. BOOKS. and there just isn’t enough time. Here are the Top Ten 2015 Releases I just couldn’t squeeze in (this list could have been much longer).
10) The Hunted by Matt de la Pena – I loved The Living and can’t wait to find out what happens next…but evidently I can wait. I was just never quite in the mood for it when I had it checked out from the library.
9) The Precious One by Marisa de los Santos – I adore her writing. It’s gorgeous, but this is another library book I just didn’t get to while it was checked out. Soon.
8) Under a Painted Sky by Stacey Lee – Love the cover and all the bloggers I follow who’ve read it highly recommend it. I had it checked out from the library last year, but I have a tendency to end up with 20-30 books check out at once. Too many choices can actually make it really hard to pick up a book.
7) A Madness so Discreet by Mindy McGinnis – The book cover is amazing and the premised sounds fascinating.
6) P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han – If this had been out when I finished To All the Boys I Loved Before in December 2014 I’d have read it immediately. Still bought it on release day, but just haven’t gotten to it yet.
5) Saturn Run by John Sandford – I read ALL Sandford novels on release day. Seriously, HOW have I not read this yet?
4) Accidental Saints: Finding God in All the Wrong People by Nadia Bolz-Weber – I think this was another victim of “too many choices”. It came out in October – so many books I wanted to read came out that month and I struggled to choose.
3) Mr. Kiss and Tell by Rob Thomas – I think I’ve waited on this because I was disappointed Kristen Bell didn’t narrate the audio book like she did for the first one. But I got it from my Secret Santa this year so I should read it soon
2) Tonight the Streets are Ours by Leila Sales – October curse strikes again. I’ve reread This Song Will Save Your Life at least three times and am totally excited to read this book…just haven’t yet.
1) Queen of Shadows by Sarah J Maas – Yep that’s right, I haven’t read it yet. My only excuse is that it’s a long one and I work for UPS. November-December are crazy for me.