Friday, April 3, 2015

March Recap

I have officially rediscovered the library. I love that I can put books on hold, they transfer them to the branch of my choosing and I can go in once a week to return/pickup.  I also finally figured out how to use the ebook application – it’s really nice as a mood reader to be able to look for what I’m in the mood for RIGHT NOW. 

I read 13 books this month (that surprised me) but I still haven’t gotten the hang of reviewing them in a timely manner.  Once again I logged to 2 reviews for the month. I do have two reviews in progress for books I LOVED – why are those so much harder to write?

Books Read

Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Mariller

Love and Other Foreign Words by Erin McCahan

Something Real by Heather Demetrios

A Mad Wicked Folly by Sharon Biggs Waller 

Friends with Boys by Faith Erin Hicks

My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga

How to Love by Katie Cotugno

Breathe, Annie, Breathe by Miranda Kenneally

The Journal of Best Practices by David Finch

Moonglass by Jessi Kirby

The Sin Eater’s Daughter by Melinda Salisbury 

The Wrong Side of Right by Jenn Marie Thorne

The Carnival at Bray by Jessie Ann Foley

Challenge Update

I continued to make progress on the Read Harder Challenge from Book Riot.  I completed the Indie book category by reading The Carnival at Bray and I was concerned about the category when I started the challenge.  In total I knocked 5 more categories in March bringing my total to 13 complete out of 24.  Halfway done but I’m completely done with the easy for me categories so I’ll slow down going forward.

In Other News

I’m making progress listening to all the Harry Potter books.  I’m currently on book 4 – it’s fun as a reread, but would have driven me batty if I hadn’t read them already.  Snape is even harder to take in audio than in print.  I’m also listening to Yes Please by Amy Poehler (it’s my workout book) and I want to be her friend so bad.

I attempted to watch The Walking Dead and I’ve made it through 2.25 episodes so far. Evidently one of the actresses on the show in the second season is from my state – a small town my dad went to college in – so I’d like to make it until I see her in a few episodes, but man zombies are creepy. The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix is adorable. I binge watched the first 8 episodes at the beginning of the month and now I’m hoarding the last six for a day I need cheering up.

And finally, I signed up to attend NerdCon Stories in Minneapolis October 9-10.  It has a fun guest list and it’s driving distance.  If anyone else is planning to go let me know.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment