Monday, March 18, 2013

The Devil's in the Details

I love DIY but I struggle with the little stuff.  Paint a room, picking a sofa...cake.  Finding accent pillow, curtains, and rugs......not my strong suit.

In my previous post about painting my kitchen I mentioned that I chose the paint color based on the hand-me-down patio door covering I got from my mom.  That post was getting fairly long so I didn't include a pic.  Well here it is.


 
It doesn't show up in this picture but there's a green patterned band on either side of the red.  Check out the inverted box pleating at the top of the curtains - my mother spend a long time making this (and about 6 more like it), and just switched out to gray. 
 
Up next in the accessories department - covering up the table.  Refinishing that table is on my DIY to-do list, but that's at least two months away.  My mom (can you tell that she's awesome?) found this tablecloth at Gordman's for $5.  The picture distorts the color a bit, but I swear it goes.



And the final addition to room (at least for awhile) - I found this rug on Joss & Main.  I think it was $30-$40.  It's not the highest quality rug, but the price was right and the colors were perfect.


 


I still have quite a bit to do, but it's really starting to come together.

Kitchen when I moved in:




And now



The most pressing not too expensive items on my to-do list:
  • Re-finish table/chairs and recover chairs
  • Update window covering over sink
  • Finally finish the crown molding around the light fixture



No comments:

Post a Comment