There are six required Classics categories and 5 optional categories. I'm going to shoot for getting all the required and optional categories.
I have a plan and a backup plan in every category (except Russian Lit - if I can't make it thru Lolita I don't know what I'll do), but these can change if I want them too.
The Required Categories:
1. A 19th Century Classic - Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte or Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen or A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
2. A 20th Century Classic - The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton or Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
3. A Pre-18th or 18th Century Classic: Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe or Love in Excess by Eliza Haywood
4. A Classic that relates to the African-American Experience - Beloved by Toni Morrison or To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
5. A Classic Adventure - Moby Dick by Herman Melville
6. A Classic that prominently features an Animal - To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee or Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
A. Re-read a Classic - Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell or The Little House on the Prairie Series by Laura Ingalls Wilder
B. A Russian Classic - Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
C. A Classic Non-Fiction title - Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid by Douglas R. Hofstadter or A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking
D. A Classic Children's/Young Adult title - The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis or Across Five Aprils by Irene Hunt
E. Classic Short Stories - The Overcoat and Other Short Stories by Nikolai Gogol